Pittsburgh TasteBuds Ltd is currently seeking an internship for the summer 2016 restaurant week season to assist in the execution and planning of the Pittsburgh Restaurant Week program. Pittsburgh Restaurant Week is a semi-annual celebration where restaurants and the community come together to progress the evolving Pittsburgh culinary renaissance.
A summer intern would participate in the development of Pittsburgh Restaurant Week Summer 2016. As an intern you will get to network with a variety of restaurant owner/chefs, media entities and other professionals, while working to grow the Restaurant Week program.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for food, and a love for the city of Pittsburgh. Someone who is familiar with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting and building relationships.
What you will learn:
- How to create a short and long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- How to write and distribute press releases and event advisories.
- How to track web and social media analytics and report results.
- How to analyze reports to generate new ideas and influence change.
- Assist the Executive Director in planning for the next Pittsburgh Restaurant Week.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects
What we require
- Background in Marketing, Communication or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Self-disciplined and organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
- Interest in event management and/or community development.
- Past restaurant experience, a plus
Motivated interns may begin during the spring semester based on their availability. The position ends, August 21. Upon successful completion of 90 hours, an average of 6 hours for 15 weeks, the intern will receive a stipend of $500. This position can accommodate some telecommuting, with weekly meetings at the Pittsburgh Restaurant Week office in Pittsburgh’s Allegheny West neighborhood. Internship may be repeated for the Fall 2016 semester (Winter 2017 restaurant week) based on performance and availability of the intern.
Send resumes to email@example.com, Subject: Summer Intern [LastName].